This is my blog that follows swimming & diving in Winona MN and those Winonans that have left to swim elsewhere. Occasionally I will post items of info related to swimming & diving in general.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

She may be #55 on the court...

Girls HS is over and Boy's HS swimming is ramping up, but Winfins and Wizards are in gear and looking for your participation. Girls trust me, it will warm your coach's heart to know that you are swimming, working out, being active in the off season. 

Unless of course you are Greer Kosidowski. We already know she is playing round ball this winter for WSHS and I took in her game tonight. She is a dominating force in the middle and fun to watch play, check out the schedule at Big9.org and take in a game. Razil, Sam, Kayla and Ashlen were all there making sure the crowd knew that No. 55 on the court was No. 1 in the pool!

The Winfins are back with the same great team they have had for a few seasons now. 
The Wizards are announcing the coaching debut of Chris Mayer. Chris, a former WSHS standout swimmer and former UW Stevens Point Pointer has a wealth of experience and knowledge to share. Still listed on the WSHS record board as part of the fastest ever 200 Free and 400 Free Relays,  Chris got a lot from swimming but even more from his coaches and is looking to play that same role for Winona swimming youth.

The Winfins are in action this weekend at WSHS, taking on the LaCrosse Wave. Yours truely will be there officiating. Had a bit of a scare with dual scheduling, I was informed I was expected to be Starter at the USA BAC "A" Meet this weekend in Bloomington. Being news to me, we figured out where the communication went bad and with some maneuvering I got covered for the TC's gig and will be in Winona for the Winfins. 

Although that means I will miss seeing Haley O'Neill and Reese Galewski get back in the water again, they will be representing the Wizards at the BAC "A" Meet in Bloomington. 

Before ALL that, I get to pay a visit to Rochester this Thursday and referee the Rochester JM vs Rochester Mayo Boy's meet!

If it appears I am doing a fair amount of refereeing I am, as I am working to hone my skills. I was selected to be the Deck Referee for the MSHSL Boy's Class AA State Championships next March at the Univ of MN and, well, as they say, practice makes perfect.





No comments:

Post a Comment