This is my blog that follows swimming & diving in Winona MN and those Winonans that have left to swim elsewhere. Occasionally I will post items of info related to swimming & diving in general.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

And so we begin anew

It's been in the back of my mind. You need to wind up the blog again, I should never have left it last April, but other responsibilities called and the HS season was over. No one will be reading I thought. 

The a friend mentioned to me tonight, "hey Craig, I went to the blog and there wasn't anything there yet. So I go and look and lo and behold, he was not alone. There have been numerous visits as of late, reading archives and looking for a new post.

So here goes:
The Winona SHS Girls' Swimming & Diving Season kicks off "Officially" Monday.


Unofficially, the girls have been meeting this week with each other doing some team building. Next Monday AM they are allowed to meet with their coach and start workouts. Some teams take it to the max and meet at 12:01AM to kick off their season. 

As for HEad Coach Steve Burt and Asst Coaches Amy Schulz and JJ Jackson, they have the girls dive right in with two a days for two weeks, and then lead their season out with an away meet against Menomonie Wisconsin on Aug 30. 

We all know what away meets mean. All together now, “WE GET TO WATCH DIVING!” 

More as we get closer to the season on the schedule and the girls. But for now, let’s say we just ease into the saddle. More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment