This is my blog that follows swimming & diving in Winona MN and those Winonans that have left to swim elsewhere. Occasionally I will post items of info related to swimming & diving in general.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

First Day at the Twinvite Meet at the U of M

The kids did great today. I love going to the U of M for swim meets. It is a great venue. Of all the times I have been there for meets and officiated this is the first when the bulk head had been moved to the end and it was set up as a 50 meter long course pool. It is the same length as our Bob Welsh Aquatic Center pool, but indoors in that natatorium, it can be an intimidating sight.

Being early in the season and starting with a new Team Manager data base, the Wizards are shy some seed times. So many are swimming in the early heats with NT seed times. Which makes it tough to be swimming with no one around you.

I was officiating, so I couldn't record times, I will report on those the next few days when the download is available. Suffice it to say the Winona Water Wizards represented themselve well. The parents were all sitting together in the stands and looked to be having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment